How it all happened...

Monday, February 1, 2010

I love cooking. It's my new passion. Well, at least since I got married and no longer had someone cook for me, but I had to cook for someone else (and myself). So there I was, refrigerator full of food, cabinets full of pots and pans, drawers full of spatulas, knife block full of knives, a husband to clean up after me... You get the picture. So what did I do? Recorded Rachael Ray, 30 Minute Meals. Every day, every episode, until I couldn't take it anymore. All I heard while I was cooking those first few months was that scratchy voice of hers. I even learned how to carry every ingredient on my hands all at once like her (if you've watched her before you know what I'm talking about). I became obsessed. Three and a half years later I've moved past RR (and her new, freakishly skinny figure) and can figure things out on my own. NOT!!! I actually just "expanded my horizon" of cooking shows. Cooking For Real (Sunny Anderson), Barefoot Contessa (Ina Garden), Cooking with the Neely's (Pat and Gina Neely), Iron Chef America, and some others. Wikapedia, Google and other internet sources help.

What I'm trying to say is that if I can do it anyone can! It's true, I screw up a lot. And I'm a whiny brat when I do. I get super pouty and want to cry. But then BJ tells me it's awesome and that I'm loony. Which is really sweet, whether he's lying or not. Sometimes I get asked how I make stuff and I'll give a 47 minute explanation, look up and realize that who I'm talking to has zoned out. It's easier to read and see pictures of stuff then to explain it. I'm visual (as so many people say), so I completely understand!!! BJ said he would take pictures of my food, whenever I can remember to stop and ask him. I watched Julie & Julia last week and got inspired.

Stay tuned for recipes that intrigue me and me trying to follow them! Thanks friends!

0 comments:

Post a Comment