A really good cupcake and frosting for the Superbowl 2010

Saturday, February 6, 2010

BJ loves his football. He may love it as much as Charlie, which is a lot! So when the Texans bailed on him, he decided to become a Saint's fan. And it worked out for him! His team is finally getting somewhere!

I'm not that into football, or the superbowl. But I do love food and Superbowl Sunday is the second biggest day for food (after Thanksgiving of course)!!! So I decided to make Saints cupcakes. They sound a lot more hip and complicated than they actually are. BJ vacuumed up the cat hair and I baked. In that order, so there wouldn't be any cat hair in the food.

I decided to make a box cake but home-make the frosting. Don't hate!!! The Duncan Hines Butter Recipes are awesome! All you add is eggs, butter and some water. The others use oil, this one taste closer to homemade.


Ever since I made this massive chocolate mousse cake for Christmas dinner I can't bring myself to make anything that requires me to beat egg whites to any sort of peak. The smell of those eggs still haunts me. So I make a basic butter/powdered sugar frosting. Then add whatever I want!



My buttercream frosting recipe:

1 stick unsalted butter
2-3 cups powdered sugar (start with 2 and add more to get it thicker)
1 teaspoon of vanilla
2-3 tablespoons of milk or cream
8 Dove chocolates, individually wrapped (BJ's favorite chocolate)
And then more cream to melt with chocolate

Fluff the butter first, then add the sugar. I used half milk chocolate and half dark because I couldn't decide between the two. Then melted it with some cream in the microwave and poured it in the frosting after everything else was beaten. The result was this beautiful, fluffy, light, chocolaty, creamy goodness!

SAD CUPCAKES :(


HAPPY CUPCAKES :) :) :)


In their gold foil. They'll be even better with the Saints logo on them.

Sous-chef, get to work...
(Using his camera here, way better than my phone!)



And he took this picture. That's why it's the best one. He's the best photographer ever!


Okay, so we already ate one. I was going to wait until tomorrow, but couldn't.

Go Saints!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha you are too cute! You have such an awesome blog! I loved the cupcakes! I just made spinach hummus dip with pita chips for the superbowl party I went to. Nothing fancy like you!

Post a Comment